Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Free To Move Like Miley Cyrus

Miley Cyrus Gypsy Concert Tour
Maninal, Philippines - The Only Stop in Asia
June 17, 2011 - it's a date! I could never ever forget this day.

For the past twenty-one (21) years of my life, I've never won any contest which requires what they call "luck". Raffle draws, lotto, bingo and the like are a bunch of jokes for me. I always come out as a participant - never a winner. Until a day came when I got a glimpse on a news on the internet - Wanna Watch Miley Cyrus Concert in Manila For Free? Find Out How!

Well, as long as you're a female and you got to show your "Free-to-move like Miley" in a photo. Yes! A photo indeed that would land thirty (30) girls to the SM Mall of Asia Concert Grounds to experience the Miley Cyrus Gypsy Heart Tour! Nine (9) girls will each win two (2) Gold Tickets, one (1) with three Silver Tickets, another nine (9) girls take home two Silver Tickets each, and eleven (11) young ladies bag two (2) Bronze Tickets to the concert. Then I said, "Great! Just great! My chances are...eeennnnkkk! Zeeerrooo!!!"

Then, I still gave my shot on it. I guess my boredom got my hands drag and click those pics and submit them! I believe, I sent around six (6) or seven (7) photos? Good thing they didn't limit the number of entries per participant. :) As long as the pic is not edited and not repeatedly sent. After sending my entries, I was back to my old stuffs at work. I was in Iligan City at that time. After I've done my work there, I went back to Cebu City. I'm back to the ball game, they say. I was too busy to think about the contest.

Due to work necessities, my boss asked me to go to Baguio City. Just days after I arrived in the Summer Capital of the Philippines, surprisingly, I received a text message from an unregistered mobile number. I quote, "Hi good morning :) was wondering if u got my msg yday informing u abt ur miley cyrus tickets for tonight :) pls reply w ur full name n confirmation", off quote. I said, "Oh....whaaat??!!! I won??? How??? Oh...I remember, the photo thingy! :) Yey!" Then what? I'm in Baguio City! Approximately 7 hours away from Metro Manila. How am I going to get there on time?! I was also on-duty that day. I wasn't even sure if it isn't another internet spam on contests.

More so, I followed my instincts that it isn't a spam. I mean, why should that person send me a text message such as that? I also checked my e-mail - and there it was. I saw the confirmation message that I won two Bronze Tickets for Miley's concert! 

However, to make sure I won't be another hopeful winner victim of a stupid internet spam, so I made a little research. Actually, I eyed hardly on the net to check if the contest is legitimate and true. After which, I was satisfied with what I've read - so I called my boss and I told her that I'll be going to Metro Manila to watch Miley Cyrus' only stop in Asia concert. Haha...I know it was unethical of me and definitely it was an inappropriate excuse of leaving work, but I just took a shot at it - she okayed! Also, since I won two tickets, I called my office mate to come and watch the concert with me!

I'm just KIDding! This is my winning pic in Whisper's
"Free To Move Like Miley" Photo Contest.
I ran into my room to get myself ready. It's a seven-hour trip girl, you have to get to the bus as early as possible! I didn't bring anything aside from my shoulder bag, my cellphones, pocket money, and a camera! :) Thank God, I didn't delete the sender of the text message. I contacted her and asked her to wait for me because I'll be super late! If I didn't, the cut-off time for winners to claim their tickets is up to 6:00PM only and the concert starts at 8:00PM. Oh...em...geeehhh!!! My adrenaline is on the rush! Breathe kimmy...breathe!!!

As soon as I arrived at the bus terminal, immediately, I called a taxi and rushed in to SM Mall of Asia! It was my first time to visit such big mall. I had to ask several guards to get to the concert grounds. Thanks guys! You're a big help indeed. :) 

We got the tickets just minutes before the show started. There, we jammed with pop icon and international artist Miley Cyrus. It was extremely explosive and we enjoyed it a lot! I don't regret going down to Manila all the way from Baguio just to watch Miley's concert. I really had fun indeed!!!

Thank God for the opportunity. Thanks to my boss for allowing me to skip my duty for "some annoying concert" for others. Also, I wanna thank the girl from Whisper Philippines who waited for me to get those tickets. I didn't even get her name. Thanks anyway! :) Thanks also to Irene Reyes for being such a good company during the concert.

If you want to see the post, just follow this link: http://showbiznest.blogspot.com/2011/06/wanna-watch-miley-cyrus-in-manila_11.html.
You can also see my winning photo #25 through this link: http://ph.omg.yahoo.com/photos/lucky-fans-win-miley-cyrus-tickets-slideshow/.

No comments:

Post a Comment